WELCOME!

**
I ramble incessantly about Doctor Who, books, David Tennant, and Harry Potter. It's a hell of a ride.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Music Madness!

It's time for another giant pile of MUSIC to listen to:

1. The Bird and the Worm by The Used
Why I Like It: it's creepy, guitar-slamming fun, with eerie lyrics and a little bit of classic metal vocal-chord-shredding, but not too much so that it becomes annoying.
SAMPLE LYRICS: "He wears his heart safety-pinned to his backpack..."
Rating: 9/10

2. Boys Boys Boys by Lady Gaga
Why I Like It: come on, it's Gaga! This song is fun. Fun to dance to, fun to sing along to, fun to listen to.
SAMPLE LYRICS: "You taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll."
Rating: 10/10

3. Mad World (cover) by Gary Jules
Why I Like It: a haunting piano and lyrics that make you want to curl up in a ball of bittersweetness. Gary Jules's cover of this song is gorgeous.
SAMPLE LYRICS: "I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had..."
Rating: 9.5/10

4. The Hardest Part by Coldplay
Why I Like It: well, besides the fact that this is by my favorite band... this song has so much feeling, and gives me that lovely mushy feeling. It's brilliant.
SAMPLE LYRICS: "And the hardest part was letting go, not taking part... you really broke my heart..."
Rating: 9.5/10

5. Back To Me by The All-American Rejects
Why I Like It: if you're looking for a love song with a peppy boy-band vibe, this is it. The lyrics are so full of that pop-vibe, you can't help but sing along and learn it by heart.
SAMPLE LYRICS: "Can't you see, I beg and plead... and when your eyes light up the sky at night, I know you're gonna find your way back to me..."
Rating: 9/10

That's all for now, folks! Give me suggestions of songs to listen to... and I'll review them! Five songs a post, unless I really like a song and then I'll maybe do up to seven.

In the words of Lady Gaga: "just dance, it's gonna be okay..."
Rock on, everybody.



Love,
Audrey

2 people made my day brighter:

Sierra said...

THE BIRD AND THE WORM IS EPIC.
SO IS BOYS BOYS BOYS.
AND MAD WORLD.
Haaa those quotes you put are my faves out of all those songs. The one's I've heard, anyway. XD
Lady Gaga is beast.

Rochelle Blue said...

Love Lady Gaga :)) I've actually never really liked her until recently..
Have you heard of a group called Muse?? I'm literally in love with their music! Especially their new song they just came out with: Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever). Oh and I love the song Mushaboom by Feist too!

Thank you for following my blog!
luv, rochelle

Post a Comment