WELCOME!

**
I ramble incessantly about Doctor Who, books, David Tennant, and Harry Potter. It's a hell of a ride.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Writing meme of win.

Writing meme!


What’s the last thing you wrote?
Oh my Jesus. Part of a Draco/Hermione fan fiction I'm co-writing with Sierra... except I fail at writing the next part. Oopsie. The last thing I actually finished was another co-story with Sierra called Getting Lucky. It was cute.

Was it any good?
I think it rocked. It was all adorable and romantic and dorky. XD

What’s the first thing you ever wrote that you still have?
Oh god. This book I wrote in kindergarten called The Horrible Days of My Life. XD

Write poetry?
If I can help it, no. But people say I'm good...?

Angsty poetry?
Meep. I admit, I have written some. It's baaaad though.

Favorite genre of writing?
I love love LOVE sci-fi, especially Doctor Who-esque stuff (time travel and space type stuff). I also occasionally try to write YA fiction without fantasy/sci-fi elements, but I've never finished one of those.

Most fun character you ever wrote?
Oh my. So many great people I loved to write! Corky, Liam, and Lucy.
Corky was from my first finished story I wrote at eleven, The Witch's Daughter. He's an elf, and he falls in love with the main character Sarah. He dies but comes back to life.... somehow. I don't even remember. I think Sarah brought him back with her witchy powers and then passed out for two days. Anyway, he was adorable.
Liam is my super sexy Demon from Secrets, my main WIP. He's so fun to write and I just wanna marry him, he's so cuddly. Even with his claws.
Lucy is from Getting Lucky. She's a punk-rock queen and has a sexy boyfriend. What's not to love?

Most annoying character you ever wrote?
Blaaaaaarg. I guess it'd have to be Allegra from Impulses. She's such a two-faced back-stabbing BITCH. -__-

Best plot you’ve ever created?
I love the idea of Secrets.... but my favorite has gotta be Habitat. It's a short story about this futuristic lab where they test on these teenagers. It's so intense and the characters are so lovely and I miss them so much.

Coolest plot twist you’ve ever created?
Liam being a Demon? I guess.

How often do you get writer’s block?
*meekly* I've had it for about 6 months.

How do you fix it?
By CRYING. No, I just let it go away eventually.

Write fan fiction?
OHHHHH yes. My Doctor Who fanfic, Dust Off Your Converse, has an entire season planned. (I haven't even finished episode 2. Shut up.)

Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
Most of my stories have some romance in them. Actually, one of the stories currently running around in my head is the definition of Angsty Teen Drama. LOL.

Do you type or write by hand?
I write a lot in notebooks. But I prefer the computer for final drafts.

Do you save everything you write?
Pretty much. Sometimes just to take a sentence or two that I like later.

Do you ever go back to an old idea long after you abandoned it?
I don't abandon so much as lose steam, but yes, I've come back to Secrets... and will again as soon as steam comes back. XD

What’s your favorite thing that you’ve written?
Meeple. Certain scenes from Secrets, the end of Impulses, certain scenes of my Doctor Who fanfic. XD

What’s everyone else’s favorite thing that you’ve written?
Almost everyone loves DOYC, and Sierra is obsessive about Secrets.

What’s your favorite setting for your characters?
Um. I dunno?

What’s one genre you have never written, and probably never will?
I have tried horror... it was just DUMB. Embarrassingly so. I've tried sci-fi, fantasy, YA, romance... I dunno really. I'd like to try everything at least once.

How many writing projects are you working on right now?
Secrets, DOYC, the Draco/Hermione fic... pretty much. Only they're all at a bit of a standstill. >.>

Do you want to write for a living?
That's my plan.

Have you ever written something for a magazine or newspaper?
HOW ABOUT AN ANTHOLOGY. Yes. XD

Have you ever won an award for your writing?
Um. I was published in a well-selling anthology... so kinda? XD

Ever written something in script or play format?
HA. I tried. It was baaaaad.

What are your five favorite words?
seams, darkle (Dean Koontz ftw), damn, vulgar, persnickety.
XD I'm so weird.

What character that you’ve written most resembles yourself?
I'm not sure exactly. Every character I write has a little bit of me in them. I've written myself into my DW fanfic...
I suppose Alicia from Secrets has a lot of similarities to me in how she talks, her sense of humor, ect. But then Rose from Venom (a Twilight ripoff, don't judge!) looked more like me. So I dunno.

Where do you get ideas for your other characters?
Sometimes a scenario will pop into my head with ready-made characters. Other times someone says something and I think, "I need a character who would say that." Usually I get ideas from actors (for looks) and friends and myself and other book peeps (for personality).

Do you ever write based on your dreams?
That's what Secrets is based off of. A Twilight dream, actually. ._. The only good thing it ever brought me.

Do you favor happy endings, sad endings, or cliff-hangers?
I enjoy happy endings, but Habitat had a majorly sad cliffhanger.

Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
I'm pretty good at figuring out spelling and grammar, actually. I've always been that way.

Does music help you write?
Oh yes. I make "soundtracks" and put them on repeat while writing certain stories.

Quote something you’ve written. The first thing to pop into your mind.
(The only thing in my mind is "I'm just an ordinary girl" by Miley Cyrus...)

"Listen, angel-face, I'm so pissed right now I could literally rip out your eyeballs and shove them up your ass." Gabe paled considerably. "So turn around and walk away, okay? Okay."
-from Secrets, chapter 2.

7 people made my day brighter:

Golden Eagle said...

LOL. Great answers. :)

Brigid L. P. said...

I quite enjoyed reading this :D
DOYC. Yes. Write it. :].

Kenzy said...

DOYC FTW. Love it. :D awesome answers. :)

That Girl in the Pink said...

I'll try!!!! XD I've drafted pretty much all of episode 2 and the beginning of 3.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I can't picture you writing a western.

Sierra said...

YAY! I love so much. Haha I am fairly obsessive about secrets. XD
I wanna do this now.

That Girl in the Pink said...

LOL yeah, I don't think I'll ever write a western.

Post a Comment